Saturday, February 7, 2015

Quick tool tote

While eating lunch, I was inspired to do something with this wine box I picked up from Systembolaget a while back. It's just glued and nailed plywood, but I thought it could be used to make a nice little tool tote.

I sketched the pattern at the table on a piece of paper with some round objects I had at hand, and gathered the tools I'd need.



I chose the 3/4" forstner bit since I had a 19mm dowel on hand. A close enough fit. I drilled the holes while the box was intact and still had all its integrity. I filpped the box and drilled the last bit of each hole from the opposite side. I was again working in the living room to keep my daughter company.


A small handsaw to cut off the sides...


...and a coping saw to cut the shaped ends.


With a rasp, files, and sandpaper to finish the edges.


The side pieces were cut down to make dividers, and they were glued in place.


My little flushcut saw picked up at Hida Tool came in handy.


A decent little tool tote, awaiting finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment